Rochester Cremation Services
The popularity of cremation in the United States has been on a steady rise for the past 50 years. Many are still confused about cremation, and we often hear misconceptions about the topic. This section of our website is committed to teaching you all about your cremation options. The pages below have been written by our
Rochester cremation professionals in hopes families can improve their education about cremation and feelmore empowered when making end-of-life decisions.
We offer families from Rochester and the surrounding areas some of the best cremation services while keeping them at a reasonable price. Losing a loved one is tough enough; you should not have to stress about trying to pay for cremation costs.
First, here is a clear definition of cremation:
Cremation is a method of disposal that acts as an alternative to burial. Cremation reduces a body to ash by exposing it to very high temperatures within a large furnace. Many people think cremation involves setting the body on fire. However, the overall cremation process is much more technical in nature and is done with complete care. Click here to learn about our cremation process in full.
Our Cremation Options
Below we give you a general oversight of some of the popular choices people choose with cremation.
This is the simplest cremation service we offer because it does not involve any ceremony. It basically just involves completion of all the required paperwork and transportation of the deceased from the place of death to the crematory.
A Memorial Service after Cremation
The cremation takes place then at any time after your family can hold a memorial service. Often times the memorial service can take place weeks to even months after the cremation. This allows the family time to think about how exactly they would like the memorial service. The urn can act as the focal point of the service.
A Traditional Funeral with Cremation
This is much like our traditional funeral service that we offer. A traditional funeral occurs where the deceased is placed into a specially-selected cremation casket or in a rental casket. Also you have the option to hold a visitation before the funeral service. Once the funeral service has concluded the deceased is cremated as opposed to being buried. The cremated remains are then returned to you, at which point you can scatter, bury, or keep the remains in an urn.
The above listing cremation services provides just a quick overview of some of the Rochester cremation options available to you. We are flexible and allow for some customization. Contact us and we will work with you to find something that meets your specific needs and wants. For a full break down of costs take a look at our General Price List.
The Cremation Decision
What are some factors that you will have to consider when deciding on cremation? All of them are deeply personal and significant: there are your spiritual/religious beliefs, your level of environmental consciousness, financial considerations, and the expectations of your immediate family and your wider social group.
As you dive into the pages below, have these questions in mind:
1) How do you feel about the idea of cremation? What about burial? Purely based on emotions, which one makes you feel better?
2) Is cost a big concern for you? When it comes to end-of-life planning, are you most interested in saving you and your family money?
3) What does your religion say about cremation? Will your religious or spiritual beliefs have a great impact on the decision to cremate?
4) Do you have concerns about reducing pollution and being as environmentally friendly as possible?
5) How do you think your family and friends will react to your decision? What are their end-of-life plans?
Affordable Cremation in Rochester, NY
Perhaps the decision for cremation is an easy one for you. But if it is not, keep the factors and questions we outlined above in mind as you go through the pages below. We provide reliable cremation information that will debunk myths and make you better informed.
If you want to talk to a cremation expert instead, please contact us
today. We can answer questions over the phone and by email.
Benefits of Cremation
If you are curious about the many benefits of cremation vs. burial and are unsure why cremation may be the best option for your loved one, we have highlighted the different benefits to make your decision easier.
The Cremation Process
If you find yourself wondering how cremation works, we have outlined the steps in the cremation process to make it easier.
Frequently Asked Questions on Cremation Services
Are you struggling to answer the question "what is cremation"? Are you curious about what's involved in making the cremation decision; or wonder if you can be involved in your loved one's cremation? This is the right page for you.
There are many misconceptions about cremation. We have listed the most common cremation myths and the truth behind them.
With our cremation services, we promise each family we serve:
1. Experience & Professionalism: Metropolitan Funeral Chapels has been open for over 27 years. With each year we have become better and better and serving families. We do not stop striving at getting better at what we do.
2. Reasonable Prices: We are open and transparent about the costs involved right from the beginning. We will never take advantage of your family and you will soon learn we offer some of the most affordable cremation services in the state of New York. Our partnership with the Monroe County Funeral Assistance Program is just one example of how we work hard to make funeral services affordable for all families.
3. Support & Compassion: Outside of being cremation experts and honoring your loved one, we offer the support and compassion that your grieving family needs.